31 March 2008

Hi, I am Hilary and I have Adult ADHA

Humm…
When other people describe what you are feeling exactly and you wish you had written what they wrote…
Please Read this Blog POST First (before you read on):
Even on medication their are times I feel so crazy. I always have to keep my mind, my mouth (I think that's why I have been eating sunflower seeds so much lately), or my hands busy.
Don't get me wrong--Day to day things are much easier to handle but there are times I have like FIVE different things going on at the same time.
The whole switching from one mode to the other…drives me nuts and can also take me weeks to get to that point
(this made me think of last November at a scrap booking retreat--I couldn't make the switch to "craft mode"--agh).
Apparently their are a few of “us” out there with Adult ADHD. Not that this makes me happy to read but it’s nice to feel like someone can understand my day to day life and how hard it can be to deal with this EVERY DAY.
For so many years (most of my entire life actually) I have always felt like a failure, a weaker person for starting projects or trying to set up everyday routines and then I start feeling so overwhelmed I just literally can't follow through. I always feel like I have so many open/unfinished projects every where...in my head, in a room, at work, in a drawer...I want to scream out at times it becomes so maddening in my head. It HURTS MY HEAD.
AND then two days later I have some great ADHD moment and start some new project.
FOR THE LOVE OF {ME}
So, here it is:
Hi, I am Hilary and I have adult ADHD
Love, {me}

No comments: