22 July 2008

{for the love of the camera} & stuff on the CHA Show

tonight i'm going to tackle the whole camera thing
--it's still not letting me download pictures from the camera to the laptop
--i have sidney's birthday pictures, the 4th of july camping pictures, cha show, and random daily life pictures to download and share.
--one day this week this blog will be field with hundreds of pictures
Guess WHAT?
JODY and I finally got to meet. Okay, really it's the other way around. I finally got to meet Jody. Like she had any idea who I was.
I have been stalking Jody's for the last three years thanks to Kari. Sometimes I leave comments on Jody's blog but that might only be three or four times a year. It's so weird to meet someone that you feel like you have known for a long time but they have no idea who you are.
I took a picture with Jody--as if she had a choice.
She is even cuter in person. She even let me rub her tummy. I mean really, what kind of person would let a stranger rub the pregnant belly? A sweetheart kind of person. I love the pregnant belly...it was the cutest belly ever. Thank You JODY. You rock.
--it's always a honor to work with kimberly. she is so stinkin talented. Also make sure you check out the pictures of the adorable shadow boxes Kimberly posted on her blog of Sassafras' booth.
--And I got to see miss morgan again. i didn't think she could get any cuter but sure enough she did--where do all these young girls find these cute clothes?
--truly there is no one left out there that I have been stalking that I need to meet now--except for nancy.
--i also got to meet amber...she is just as adorable as you would think she would be and apparently after reading her blog...she found out today she is prego. Congrats.
--Celine is not only cool, she is wicked cool. Totally *star* struck so to speak to meet her.
--Jo-Anne--okay, this was totally unexpected and totally rad--This is someone I have seen and viewed layouts on SIS before BUT in person...you want to pick her up, wrap a bow around her, put her in your pocket and keep it her ALL to yourself. So adorable, sweet and down to earth...ohh, and her accent...makes it 100% better. Don't worry y'all, I have started the stalking. Poor thing won't know what hit her until it's too late. It's my evil plan. Ha Ha Ha (some of this might be the cold meds talking)
--ali edward so down to earth. She came into the booth and I was able to make small talk with her while she waited to talk to Beck. I even gave her some of my soft chew jolly rancher candies. She also is a jolly rancher fan.
It seemed so surreal to meet these people that I have been reading about, stalking their blogs and seeing in the industry for many years. Really it's totally wicked (new but old phrase from younger high school niece).
There are many more people I saw and meet that I wanted so badly to ask to take my photo with. Maybe next show I will actually ask them instead of thinking about it. Part of me feels odd to ask a complete stranger for a photo...as if they don't do this all day long at these shows but for some reason, once again, it's hard for me to ask...
Sighhh...
I really was going to tackle the camera tonight but instead I had to help my dear brother in law replace to pump in our swamp cooler. When I got home at 6 the house was a {sweet} temp of 86 sticky, sweaty degrees. There was no way in hell I was going to wait until Saturday for Peter to fix it. I mean really, it would of taken Peter until the follow week to even mustard the will power to get up on the roof.
So now it's 8:38 and I need to clean the house for Kimberly. She is pasting through town tomorrow and needed a place to stay. So off I go to do laundry and cleaning. WISH ME LUCK.

3 comments:

Britt said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Good for you, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Oh you can stalk me any time!!!!

I loved meeting you and I might just start stalking you:)))

xxxxx

Kari said...

I REALLY need to go to the next show before I die from anxiety! Ha!