26 August 2008

Sidney Is On Here Way to School Right Now



ABOVE IS WHAT SIDNEY "PICKED" to wear on her first day of "real" school.
She also asked me for lip gloss, not chap stick and also ask me to add some "color to her cheeks". She is six years old and is asking to wear make-up. Huh?
I am feeling okay.
At least I think I am feeling okay.
I feel a bit sad like I always "miss" the big days in Sidney's life.
{Hence me going part time the second week of September}
I hate feeling like I never get to see "these" moments in her life.
Peter was the one who took Sidney to her first day of Kindergarten.
Peter just called me and told me that he just dropped Sidney off at her "new" Elementary school. Sidney's first day of 1st Grade.
It sounded like complete and utter craziness in the background.
Peter said Sidney was excited but he could also tell she was nervous.
Sidney has a "boy" teacher and last night while we where talking about her first day Sidney told me she hopes "Mr. Craner is handsome". Shhhhhh, she also told me not to tell anyone. How cute is that?
Sidney has a total of 17 students in her class and from the list that was posted on the window--it looks like it's half boys and half girls.
Wish her luck or maybe it's me that needs the luck.

3 comments:

Birdie said...

Cute! Think they have it in my size?

{Hilary} said...

I wish.
I looked for me but no such luck.
Sad for us.

Kari said...

I bet she looked so stinkin' cute! Don't be so hard on yourself my friend. You were there for her on her first day of Kindergarten.