A sign of him not being "happy"!
Duncan goes into the vet Thursday to get his teeth cleaned/tooth removed and he leaves the vet with dirty teeth and pending test results on his liver. I dropped off Duncan and the vet tech asked me about blood work. They don't recommend the blood work at Duncan's age but I said yes for whatever reason. Silly me and my love of "The Scotties".
So, so glad that I did.
The call from the vet came in about noon and went something like, we got the blood work back and two out of four enzymes in his liver were off the charts, meaning=bad and because of the results we were unable to take care of his teeth. They were afraid to put him under not knowing how his liver would respond.
My stomach sinks a bit.
My first Scottie, Nick died back in 2002 from liver related issues.
Nick was only {8} years old when his time came.
The vet recommended two test of which I had then do one and I should get the results Friday, hopefully no later then Saturday. I was able to pick up Duncan Thursday afternoon.
I will let you know more info once I find out his results.
Here are some health relate Scottie links to check out:
Great Scots
Terrierman's Daily Dose
Scottish Terrier News
It should be the other way around but Molly is the Alpha.
Duncan "asking" me to leave him alone.
Molly wanting some of the photo action.
Molly on my DIRTY couch.
Duncan goes into the vet Thursday to get his teeth cleaned/tooth removed and he leaves the vet with dirty teeth and pending test results on his liver. I dropped off Duncan and the vet tech asked me about blood work. They don't recommend the blood work at Duncan's age but I said yes for whatever reason. Silly me and my love of "The Scotties".
So, so glad that I did.
The call from the vet came in about noon and went something like, we got the blood work back and two out of four enzymes in his liver were off the charts, meaning=bad and because of the results we were unable to take care of his teeth. They were afraid to put him under not knowing how his liver would respond.
My stomach sinks a bit.
My first Scottie, Nick died back in 2002 from liver related issues.
Nick was only {8} years old when his time came.
The vet recommended two test of which I had then do one and I should get the results Friday, hopefully no later then Saturday. I was able to pick up Duncan Thursday afternoon.
I will let you know more info once I find out his results.
Here are some health relate Scottie links to check out:
Great Scots
Terrierman's Daily Dose
Scottish Terrier News
1 comment:
Love those Scotties! I'll be praying for good news for Duncan!
Post a Comment