14 January 2008

{Monday, Monday, Monday}

Classic Monday Morning:
Alarm goes off.
Hilary thinks about calling in sick, which I do 52 times a year...just Monday's unless I am acutally sick.
"What illness do I have" that I could call in sick with? I keep thinking of illnesses but nothing new that I can call in sick with comes to mind?
Hit snooze button but never really go back to sleep.
...
Oh, how I dread the beginning of a new work week.
Monday's suck to put it bluntly.
Monday's happen 52 times a year.
Four or five times a month depending on the month.
Yet, every Sunday night I start the work count down...How many hours tell I have to go to bed and then to work...
Hummm....
Let's see, if I retire at the age of 67, that is when social security kicks in for me, subtract my age 33, that gives {ME} 34 years until I can retire. Ewwwww
NEXT:
I will times 34 (years) by 52 (weeks) which gives me 1,768 Mondays to work.
Let's do a bit of "saving grace" --I am taking out Labor and Memorial Day's from my calculation! Let's not make this number bigger then we need to, eh!
That takes out 68 Monday's, giving me a new total of
1,700 Monday's to work until I retire.
So, I am not really feeling any better about the Monday thing...
Damn it. That didn't pan out as well as I hoped.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm depressed now.