Camping was a BLAST!
I had a great time.
The kids, dogs and Peter also had a great time.
We did lots of fun things from hiking, marshmallow toasting, kite flying, mud pie making, to trying to catch lizards. We also caught a snake and the kids got to hold and touch him/her if they wanted.
We hiked in to a "hidden place" where we had our our swimming pool, red rock style and were able to play in the water for a few hours. All of us had a blast. Cooled us down which was exactly what we all needed in the desert sun.
P.S. Sidney was the best hiker.
Now it's Wednesday and back to the reality of work. You would of thought that this work reality would of hit me on Monday but for some reason I am still feeling like everyday at work this week has been a Monday.
When I woke up this morning I had "it" stuck in my **head that it was Thursday.
I hate it when that happens.
Wednesday, what? Are you kidding me? This week is taking forever.
...so it should be Thursday, right? :(
Apparently NOT!
**speaking of my head...Last night Porter had woken up right before I was heading for bed.
I went into his room and gave him some lovings...well I forgot that I was under a bunk bed--this would not be the first time I have done this AND when I came up I smacked my head so hard I was seeing stars and lights, noises were fading in and out.
Long story short: I could of gotten three stitches but it was late, I was tired and I didn't want my hair shaved off, only if it was a little bit of hair, I didn't want that--plus what would you do with the kids?
Meanwhile Peter is helping me clean up and steps on my ***toe not once but....twice.
So when I finally went to bed my head was pulsating as well as my toe.
***okay, so with my toe...I went to bed Sunday night and Monday morning my poor toe (right big toe) was swollen and pulsating. Great, just what I want, an ingrown toe nail. The toe hurts all day long. Later that night I soaked my toe in hot water with Epsom salt and "tried" to take care of the ingrown nail myself. Well, apparently that didn't work for me...Tuesday morning I call my regular doctor and go in...
...to view complete events of toe surgery go here.
I will bear you the gross details of what they do to the toe. It seems like everyone I have told up to this point seems to squirm and asks me to stop at one certain point. I have to leave the bandage on for 36 hours and then just file and take care of my nail from here on out. Oh ya, while she was taking care of the one side of the toe nail she decided to do the other side too. How special?
Today I feel as if I should be home in bed.
6 comments:
I am laughing so hard I almost wet my pants, that so would happen to me. Lesson never learned...he he he...been there done that sister of mine. Love you
Oh yea, I thought today was Thursday as well.....wtf?
I empathize with you on your toe. Dan had his whole toe nail removed a couple of years ago and it was soooo GROSS! And he was in major pain. I hope they gave you some good drugs... if not, it's time to find a new doctor.
Hello!
Glad your weekend was good! But what a traumatic story about your night!! Hope your toe is good as new soon...it's chaco season :)
Ha, Hilary has no Chacos...the cute little scottie ate them. Those damn puppies.
Wow, I think between you toe and your head...my eye surgery will be a piece of cake!
Post a Comment