It is that time of year when Peter heads to
Fort Worth, Texas for the Nations Best Sports Trade Show.
Pete left yesterday and returns Monday night. Peter is normally gone about a week and for whatever reason this trip is only 5 days.
GREAT NEWS---I started part time this week.
HappY, Joy, Joy!!!
My hours are:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 - 2:15
Friday 7:45 - 11:45
Everyday I am able to pick up Sidney as she gets out of school.
That alone has made all the stresses disappear. To see Sidney's face as she comes out of school and I see her searching for me-- then we meet each others eyes and her whole face lights up with the biggest smile that makes my heart sing. Trust me when I say this--being home more and working less is still a balancing act. One responsibility is being swapped for the other--working less and being with the kids more is still "work".
I am not a patient person nor have I ever been the kind of person who could stay home full time. I am no fool in thinking that staying home with the kids will be easy but they need me around more. I want to be around more and finally Peter and I are in a position that we can do this.
Everyone is still adjusting to the changes that have accrued in the last few weeks. Peter and Sidney both started back to school, Sidney started at a new school, Porter is "alone" without Sidney at Kids Kampus and I went from full time to part time.
Porter has been hitting at school, shouting and telling me "no" to everything I ask him to do at home. Sidney is not making matters any better by whining, complaining and Porter just follows along. I keep asking Sidney to be a "teacher" to Porter but that only last for a few minutes. Porter will be three next month, he is still learning to share, to express his feelings and how to communicate without hitting etc. Time out is not working and taking away the t.v. only makes it harder on me in the long run. I am sure some of this rage comes with his age, the fact he is a boy and some of this comes from all the change but it's still hard and frustrating for me even knowing these things.
Halloween is coming. I love Halloween. It's my favorite Holiday ever. Sidney and I were at the Dollar store yesterday and they had all of the Halloween decorations out. Ohh my. Sidney and I came home with tons of goodies. Sidney wanted to put the decorations out right then but I told her we had to wait a few more weeks. While at the Dollar store we purchase Molly and Duncan's costumes. Molly is going to be a Devil, as if she could be anything else and Duncan is going to be a Vampire. I couldn't believe I got costumes for a buck a piece. I {heart} the dollar store.
As for me...my life is my family. For now, life is what it is and I can only fit some much on my plate. I want to be able to do more for {me}. I would love to scrapbook more, workout, get on my bike and see my friends more. I feel as if I have taken a "leave of absence" and for once, I am okay with that. My time will come. Life is too short to try to please everyone and get wrapped up in "what if's". I really am trying to focus on the little details. Taking time to listen to the kids. I don't need to be running at 50 miles per hour pace. Although I have had to tell myself this time after time this week, I will adjust.
Slow down Hilary.
It's okay to slow down and smell the roses.
I have time now.
5 comments:
Sounds like you are at Lagoon, but really you are home...he he he....I love you and can't wait for tomorrow.
28 hours 10 minutes......
27 hours 18 minutes
Hang in there my friend. I know you can do it. Just stick to your guns with Porter boy and know that it is only a phase. He'll get worse and then better...and then worse again. Just when you thought the terrible two's were finished. Are there such thing as the terrible four's? I know how happy you must be to see Sid's smiling face every afternoon. You are all making some huge adjustments but soon you'll all be doing great again!!! xoxoxoxox
Good for you Hilary... slow down and take time to enjoy those precious children. They are only small for such a short time and now you will be able to enjoy more of the "little things" they do that only a mom can love.
I could just feel your love when you talked about seeing Sydney's face when you pick her up from school... and your eyes meet!
Kiss each dirty face, leave a few loads of laundry undone and enjoy each precious moment. They grow up TOO fast!
Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment