13 September 2008

Beauty All Around

Banks of seine at Cahmprosay 1876, Auguste Renoir

Romaine Lacaux, renoir mademoiselle

Heroic of Pierre de Wiessant, Auguste Rodin

Adeline Ravoux, Vincent van Gogh
Portrait of a Women, Amedeo Modigliani's
Harlequin with Violin, Palbo Picasso
Festival of Flowers, Henri Matisse
sculptor 1931, Pablo Picasso
Here is a sampling of the art work Sidder's and I saw today.
If you recall this
post about Sidney and I going to visit the Utah Museum of Fine Arts to see the special exhibition: Monet to Picasso.
One word: AWESOME.
It was truly extraordinary to see these master pieces in person. You could literally stand with your face a few inches away with nothing in between you and stare at these paintings.
So Stinkin CooL.
Above is a copy of my most favorite painting from
Vincent van Gogh, The Poplars at Saint-Rémy.
This is my FaVoRiTe painting ever.
The depth, texture and stocks of the paintbrush were unreal to see in person. The pictures you see in books, obviously don't do these master pieces justice. I have no knowledge of art but for once I can say, seeing it, is believing it.
I sure do have a better appreciation for art after seeing this exhibition. Above: Claude Monet’s (French, 1840–1926) The Red Kerchief
This is a portrait of Mrs. Monet (La capeline rouge, portrait de Madame Monet) Wheat Field, Claude Monet
Women with a Cape, Palbo Picasso
I think I am going to try to go one more time before the 21st of the month. This time I would bring a pencil and paper to write down a few more of my favorites. There are more paintings/artist I wanted to mention but I can't remember then all.
By the way-- no pens, cameras, cell phone photos, gum, food or water allowed in the museum.

2 comments:

Kari said...

looks like fun! I'm glad you went!

Leicy said...

Hilary,
When do you get home tomorrow? Maybe we can go and take mom. I am taking the day off for a couple of doctor's appointments but my afternoon should be free.