...so are the days of our lives. Let's see, where shall Hilary begin in days of her life?
The ratio for Peter coming home is in Hilary's FAVOR. Only three {3} days remaining--9 {nine} days down.
The ratio for Peter coming home is in Hilary's FAVOR. Only three {3} days remaining--9 {nine} days down.
Here is Hilary's week in a review:
Sunday {19th}:
Sunday Morning Hilary calls her mom to check in on the kids and Sidney had started throwing up on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Hilary leaves Eden, Utah fairly early to return home to grab the kids...what kid doesn't want their mom when they are sick? So, Hilary returned home from her
scrapbooking weekend with the girls just a bit early to love on that Sidney of mine.
scrapbooking weekend with the girls just a bit early to love on that Sidney of mine.
Below are some pictures of the place we rented for the weekend:
This photo was of the awesome view from our FRONT window.
This photo was of the awesome view from our FRONT window.
Surround sound, 55 inch TV, five couches total, three love seats and two full length couches.
Sidney only chucks on Sunday am. Hilary thinks Sidney is fine enough and has Sidney's friend Meesha sleep over. Little did Hilary know that BOTH kids Monday AM {from 2-6 am} would both be throwing up. Hilary was going back and forth, from one kid to the next loving on them, and then cleaning up "messes". Hilary has to call Meesha's mom at 6:30 am to come and grab Meesha. Original plan was to watch Meesha on Monday {SL County had a non student day}. Hilary was going to take the kids to the zoo, paint nails, and have a tea party.
Needless to say--that didn't pan out. All day long Sidney and Porter had diarrhea and were lifeless. Oh, yeah, this also was Peter and Hilary's 13th year anniversary.
TUESDAY {21} :
Wake up and it's Hilary HAPPY 28th {again +6} BIRTHDAY.
Porter is fine, Sidney on the other hand had horrible diarrhea.
Hilary can recall when she was in third grade, D_ _ _ _ _ T _ _ _ _ _ always picked his nose and ate it. Sending to Sidney to school knowing at some point in time she would have "an accident" would be just horrible. Hilary kept Sidney home and went into work for less then a hour and then chilled with Sidney for the rest of the afternoon. See this post for birthday festivities.
Also Peter had {3} three dozens roses sent to me for my Birthday.
Hilary has a pretty normal day. Hilary's work takes her out for a birthday lunch. Then Hilary's Mother-In-Law calls Hilary around noon to see if she can take Sidney to Island Park, Idaho. This is the CAbIn that "we" have rented for the last four years. I opted out at the last minute this year because I missed work on Tuesday and wanted to make up the hours on Friday. Wednesday afternoon I am running my BUTT around gathering clothes, coats and electrial devices for Sidney to take to Island Park--Then I had to have Sidney out to Bountiful at 5pm.
Thursday {23}:
Morning wake up bright and early. I am feeling like I am getting sick so I decide to take a bath.
Morning wake up bright and early. I am feeling like I am getting sick so I decide to take a bath.
You know it's bad when I am taking a bath at 6 am, right?
While sitting in the tub Porter comes to tell me that he is not feeling well and then proceeds to "chuck" in the tub...the same tub that I am sitting in. I still take him to kids kampus for the day. Hilary gets to kids kampus and wonders why all the other kids are in their kids kampus t-shirts. Ahhh, it's a field trip day and Hilary had forgotten to pack a lunch and bring Porter's special "T" shirt.
While sitting in the tub Porter comes to tell me that he is not feeling well and then proceeds to "chuck" in the tub...the same tub that I am sitting in. I still take him to kids kampus for the day. Hilary gets to kids kampus and wonders why all the other kids are in their kids kampus t-shirts. Ahhh, it's a field trip day and Hilary had forgotten to pack a lunch and bring Porter's special "T" shirt.
Hilary has to run home, pack a lunch, go back to kids kampus and then gets to work at 9:05. Only 35 minutes late. At this point Hilary is maxed out and would like to start her day over.
Hilary works until 5:45 with no lunch break to try to make up some of lost time.
Hilary picks up Porter and he is an emotional wreck.
One, I can tell he is NOT feeling well and two, Porter tends to get to way after Peter has been out of town for a few days. Whining, crying, throwing fits of rage for no real reason, it was just a struggle to get him to the car. While driving home Porter throws up in my car. and green beans, enough said. {It keeps getting better}
When I get home Hilary notices that the gate to the back year is opened.
Hilary had left the Scotties in the back yard.
Hilary's stomach doubles up and she is instantly in a panic. 40 minutes later, I find the Scotties down the street, had finished cleaning up the vomit in the car and checked the back yead for anything suspicious.
BBQ there, check. Nothing is missing from my POV. Oh, wait, the Lawn mower missing.
Meanwhile, Porter is going ballistic because he is not feeling well and keeps telling me he is hungry.
Finally, I am able to get him to eat noodles {trust me, I tried everything in the book for him to eat but noodles was the only item he would say "yes" to}. Porter barely touches his food and within 30 minutes is throwing the little of what he ate right back up. This session continues on for several more hours and I finally get him to sleep around 11 pm. Hilary was also an emotional wreck and had been crying on and off the whole evening.
Friday {24}:
Hilary works all day long. Got tons of things done which makes her very happy.
Hilary is so, so tired. Hilary can't sleep when Peter is out of town.
Basically Hilary has had sick kids all week, has gotten no sleep and just can't sleep when Peter is out of town. Funny how that happens, eh? My parents watched Porter today.
My parents are such wonderful people. They are my friends and they are such blessings to me.
I am grateful to have my family {both sisters, too} so close by and how they are able to help me at a drop of a dime. Thanks mom and dad for volunteering to get the flu today.
Good for my parents but Porter didn't throw up all day long. Odd, this stomach flu hits mainly at night.
This could make a sane parent go nuts but what about the parents like me who are already nuts/insane?
Put your shoulder to the wheel, push along...oh wait, not many of you would know that song...this is what I meant......like sands in an hour glass, so are the days of our lives.
The above photo was taken earlier this evening after Porter had fallen asleep.
Peter keeps telling me that I am breeding Scottie Dog Lovers...what's wrong with that?
Does it really get any cuter then my two boys sleeping side by side? Nope, I don't think it does.
2 comments:
uM...Hils...you have the worst luck. Please tell your kids that they can't get sick anymore. Aren't they immune to everything yet? I'm glad Peter will be home tomorrow. You need a DAMN BREAK! But, wait...you won't get one. Sorry love...You do have Josh to look forward to on Wednesday night. Did you call Dave and Michelle?
Kari, I am surprise someone actually read this post--it's so freakin long.
Peter will be home tomorrow and all will be well.
Post a Comment